This is the first of 5 pilot meetings to be held every two weeks on Monday evenings starting 10th October.
FREE TICKETS: https://
We have the following goals:
1. To facilitate and encourage transfer of know how and capital to from successful businesspeople among the alumni of Polish Universities to current students who are interested in entrepreneurship
2. To give current students access to role models among entrepreneurial alumni who can help transmit the message that business success is possible.
3. To celebrate the business success of alumni. and the sense that the current generation of students (and maybe official University organs), appreciate and value entrepreneurial success.
4. To encourage existing university alumni associations to include entrepreneurship support in their activities
5. To provide a business friendly environment where students from different universities in Krakow can meet and get to know each other, and develop their networks.
6. To encourage Student Societies to support business and social entrepreneurship among their members.
Alumni who have gone into business are not enough actively engaged in supporting enterprise among current students. Many existing students are not aware of the opportunities that enterprise offers, careers available in Startups and the support available.
Meeting will be predominantly in English, but Polish speakers are welcome and will be accommodated.
>>>Who should attend ?
Students studying in Krakow from all parts of the world who want to start a business or are thinking about it and want to meet people who have gone into business or are just curious.
Entrepreneurs who want to help, meet pro enterprise students.
Anyone else interested in enterprise and business.
>>>What will meetups look like / Who will I meet?
Many company leaders have committed to joining this event. We will post details on our Faecbook event page here. We will experiment with formats, and get feedback about what works and doesn’t work.
>>>All events will feature:
1. Icebreaker games and integration activities to help those attending meet people and make contacts.
2. Short presentations – not more than 10 minutes – by entrepreneurs telling lessons they have learned.
3. Short 3-6 minute TED talks.
4. Short 1-2 minute – Open Coffee Krakow style – Community Announcements by organisations that have something to offer students/alumni.
5. “Office hours” desks where entrepreneurs will give 1 on 1 feedback to students who have business ideas.
People who want to pitch their business ideas are encouraged to do so – just contact us ahead of time.
Entrepreneurial artists and entertainers who want to try to show/perform (maybe sell) to our audience can offer to do Open Mic performances.
1. Why English? We will be friendly to both languages, but suggest English is a better language for ambitious entrepreneurs.
As Willy Brandt famously said
If I am selling to you, I speak your language. If I am buying, dann müssen Sie Deutsch sprechen. 🙂
2. This project is great, can I help? Yes, please fill in this
>>>Who is behind the project?
Richard Lucas – Open Coffee Krakow, TEDxKazimierz OMGKRK
Krzysztof Piech – TEDxKazimierz Volunteer, URSD.AGH – Uczelniana Rada Samorządu Doktorantów AGH
URSS AGH – Uczelniana Rada Samorządu Studentów AGH
NZS AGH – Niezależne Zrzeszenie Studentów AGH
J-Labs will be paying for the drinks for the first two events. for early arrivals – tzn. until the budget runs out.
>>>Partners / Supporters
Fuck Up Nights
KMS Kraków Miastem Startupów
Municipality of Krakow
Open Coffee Krakow
Concept is based on: Cambridge University's Enterprise Tuesdays, Open Coffee Kraków and taking the best features of numerous startup community events and meetups in Poland and worldwide.